Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Time for honesty...

After reading Ashley's latest post and talking to Mom, I figured I had better post again. I won't speak for anyone else, but I definitely know how Ashley feels. I feel that I have come to grips with my shortness, I quit getting offended by short jokes, I've realized that its part of who I am and that I can't change it but, there are certain times when I absolutely hate being short. For example, on the rare occasion that I happen to be trying to find new clothes. I absolutely loath any sort of clothes shopping, unless it's for t-shirts or hoodies (those are easy to find and fit). It's not that I can't find my size, it's that even the stuff in my size is made for tall people. Case in point, Mom sent me a really cute outfit for Christmas and I tried it on and the shirt didn't look right on me. I mean come designers, I'm 4'10" make something for me that doesn't look like the petite stuff (it's not always cute) or make something that I don't have to hem! I can pick out 5 things to try on in my size and only come away with 1 thing that looks good on my body. Now, onto something that has been the bane of my existence for years (too dramatic?)....shoes. Not tennis shoes, or cheap Old Navy flip flops, but actual cute, girly shoes; which I can't always find because I have wide feet (thank you Dad for my short, squaty body) and if I can find a pair that I like, they don't always have wide sizes or I have to buy them a couple sizes up and they look weird...ugh. There are times, when I wish it was like on any show where you would snap your fingers or step into a machine or wiggle your nose or...you get the picture, and you would be instantly dressed and have hair and make-up done. Until then, I'll just keep praying to the dear Lord that I don't shrink!!

Love,
Elisha  

3 comments:

  1. You know I suppose that for the largest part of my life I haven't really 'struggled' in finding things to fit me. When I was in school I didn't because I was so tiny and tall that nothing fit right. If it fit in my waist it was to short, if it was the right length it fell off my waist. So I am grateful and blessed with what I suppose is my mother's figure. So next time I am shopping with you girls I promise I will try to not say "I can relate" in an attempt to make things better but rather agree that sometimes shopping totally SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post....I really forget that being short can be a challenge. I am always so focused on my own challenges that I forget what my sisters struggle with!

    Ps. Joe knows your pain....we went pant shopping the other day and it was no bueno :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woops .... the above comment is from me :)

    ReplyDelete

Weigh In